You can easily undo an accidental repost by accessing the video itself through the mobile app. If you still have the TikTok video playing onscreen, this is the easiest method to use. If not, you can easily use the app’s search function to look up the video that you mistakenly reposted and do the following:
- Open the video you didn’t mean to repost.
- Tap the Share icon. It’s the right-pointing arrow in the right navigation panel.
- Tap “Remove repost.”
The repost will automatically be undone, without the need to confirm the action again. A brief “Your repost has been removed” message should then appear on the top of the TikTok video.
Similarly, you can also access all your reposts and remove the ones you no longer want through your own TikTok profile page. Provided that you’ve updated to the latest version of the TikTok mobile app, here’s what you do:
- Launch TikTok.
- From the bottom navigation menu, tap Profile.
- Navigate to your profile’s Repost tab. It’s the icon with the two arrows forming a circle.
- Select the TikTok video you want to disassociate your account from.
- Tap the Share icon.
- Hit “Remove repost.”
Again, a quick notification should appear onscreen informing you that the repost has been removed. Different from a previous version of the TikTok app, a confirmation pop-up will no longer appear afterward.