While you can toggle Android’s Do Not Disturb mode on and off whenever you want, if you have a daily routine you follow, automating quiet hours on your Android device is the best option. Doing so means you won’t have to worry about forgetting to silence your phone, and can enjoy your peace and quiet when needed.
Follow these steps to set up quiet hours on your Android device:
- Open the Settings app on your Android device.
- Scroll down and tap Sound & Vibration.
- Choose the Do Not Disturb option.
- Tap on Turn on automatically to set up a new schedule.
- Select Add rule and then choose “Time” for a time-based rule.
- Name your rule, e.g., “Nighttime” or “Work Hours.”
- Set the start and end times for your quiet hours.
- Check the top of the screen to confirm the rule has been turned on.
Keep in mind that these steps will vary based on the type of phone you’re using, and some older versions of Android may not have a Do Not Disturb mode, or the options could be in a different location.